The goal of this guide is to bring you, in one place, all the essential information you need to vote in Burlington today. Also, check out the sample ballot before heading to the polls. Find it under the picture above.
- Polling locations: Voting in town will take place at Burlington High School, 123 Cambridge St.
- State Rep., 21st Middlesex: Burlington Selectman Walter Zenkin will face Bedford Zoning Board member Ken Gordon for the 21st Middlesex State Rep Seat.
- State Senate, 4th Middlesex Distrct - Incumbent Ken Donnelly (D-Arlingotn) looks to hang onto his seat in a race against Republican challenger Gerry Dembrowski.
- U.S. Senator Scott Brown faces newcomer Elizabeth Warren, a Democrat, for one of the state’s two seats. The race has recently garnered a lot of interest, mostly over the controversy of Warren’s ancestry.
- Presidential Candidates:
- Barack Obama
- Mitt Romney
- Gary Johnson
- A Law for the Humanitarian Medical Use of Marijuana: This intiative seeks to legalize the use and cultivation of marijuana as a medical drug. It calls for no penalities for "qualifying patients, physicians and health care professionals, personal caregivers for patients, or medical marijuanatreatment center agents for the medical use of marijuana."
- An Act Relative to Death with Dignity: This initiative would allow physicians to prescribe medication to terminally ill patients that would end their lives. The act would require that patients are mentally capable of making this decision and orally communicate it to a doctor on two occasions 15 days apart. Participation by a doctor or health care facility would be voluntary.
- An Act to Protect Motor Vehicle Owners and Small Businesses in Repairing Motor Vehicles: This initiative would require all car manufacturers to provide — on an equitable fair-market value subscription basis — all diagnostic and repair information for model years beginning in 2015 to owners or an owner’s designated in-state independent repair facility (not affiliated with a manufacturer or its authorized dealers). The law would also make available for purchase information for model years 2002 through 2014.