Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 10:56 a.m. a Keans Road caller reported possible drug activity in the neighborhood. Caller stated multiple vehicles per day show up at a house and someone comes out of a side door to meet them and that the visitors are only there for a short period of time.
- AT 1:18 p.m. Burlington Mall security reported following an elderly male, approximately 80 year old, who took a sample bottle of perfume. The man returned the bottle and security released him.
- At 6:53 p.m. police responded to a residential alarm on Winn Street. Police found evidence of a attempted break-in by forced entry.
- At 11:31 a.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington man on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and not being in possession of a license.
- AT 2:50 p.m. Building 19 security reported detaining a female shoplifter who stole $55 in food products.
- At 2:58 p.m. police issued a summons to a Waltham woman on charges of malicious destruction of property $250+, assault and battery and stealing a license plate attached to another motor vehicle. Summons issued following a shoplifting complaint by Lord & Taylor.
- At 3:34 p.m. Best Buy reported a female stole approximately $800 in merchandise.