Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 9:08 a.m. a person came to the station to report their vehicle was damaged in a hit and run accident on Cambridge Street. Vehicle had rear bumper damage.
- At 12:01 p.m. Burlington Mall loss prevention reported that two males accompanied by a female and a child in a stroller stole $624 in merchandise by cutting off security tags.
- At 6:19 p.m. a caller reported an elderly male on a scooter causing a traffic hazard on Wall Street. Police checked the area but did not see anyone matching the description.
- At 6:34 p.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington woman on a charge of larceny over $250. Summons issued after Macy's loss prevention reported detaining a female shoplifter who allegedly tried to steal $1,200 in merchandise.
- At 8:29 p.m. a Nordstrom Rack caller reported detaining a shoplifter. Police assisted with identifying a male who stole a $40 shirt. Store to issue civil demand.
- At 6:05 p.m. police issued a citation to a driver on Locust Street after smelling marijuana coming from within the vehicle. No marijuana found in the vehicle or occupants. A responsible party came to operate the vehicle and parents were notified.
- At 6:34 p.m. police apprehended a male shoplifter that was running towards Lexington Street and needed to request an ambulance for him. Pursuit made after Sears reported a shoplifter.
- At 11:50 p.m. a Country Road caller reported his step-daughter is receiving harassing texts from her ex-boyfriend. Daughter said she has been receiving a lot of texts but they are not abusive or harassing.