Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 6:42 a.m. a Crawford Road caller reported a large goose in the roadway. Turned out to be a lawn ornament that was on the side of the road.
- At 9:15 a.m. a party reported their car was vandalized in the parking lot at CVS the day before.
- At 4:56 p.m. a Hallmark Gardens caller reported their neighbor was harassing them by playing music too loudly. Police advised them to contact apartment management and to possibly seek a " no harassment" order from Woburn District Court.
- At 8:04 p.m. police arrested three shoplifters at the Burlington Mall. Police arrested Vilma Torres, 37, of 6 Melrose St., Lawrence on charges of larceny over $250 (3 counts), receiving stolen property over $250 and failure to stop for police. Police also arrested Yesenna Torres, 38, of 15 James St., Apartment 1, Lawrence, on charges of larceny over $250 (3 counts) and receiving stolen property over $250. Police also arrested David Barker, 36, of 15 James St., Apartment 1, Lawrence, on charges of larceny over $250 (4 counts).
- At 1:02 a.m. a Fox Hill Road caller reported a vehicle stuck his mailbox and caused damage.
- At 3:46 p.m. police issued a summons to a Lowell man on a charge of violating an abuse prevention order. Summons issued after a woman reported her ex-boyfriend violated a restraining order.
- At 8:03 p.m. a caller reported a suspicious vehicle at Northeastern University. Police found youths in the woods with a fire. Fire was put out.
- At 9:28 p.m. a caller on Kimball Ct. reported that a 13-14 year old black male was trying to enter a motor vehicle with a screwdriver.
- At 11:28 p.m. a manager at Candlewood Suites reported an intoxicated male sleeping in the hallway. Party was picked up by his uncle and brought home.