Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 1:28 a.m. a manager from the Shell station at 63 Middlesex Turnpike reported 26 cartons of cigarettes were stolen on Sept. 12. Total worth $2,200.
- At 6:47 a.m. police issued a summons to a Saugus man on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration, operating an unregistered motor vehicle (subsequent offense) and operating an uninsured motor vehicle.
- At 3:02 p.m. a Alma Road caller reported a male fell approximately 10 feet and landed on his head. Patient transported to Lahey clinic.
- At 4:23 p.m. a Marion Road caller stated her neighbor was playing loud music and when she sent to ask him to turn it down he yelled at her. No music overheard when officers arrived. Police spoke with both parties and matter seemed settled.
- At 4:50 p.m. Kohl's Department Store reported detaining two shoplifters with identification from out of the country. $118 worth of merchandise involved.
- At 8:36 p.m. a Best Buy employee reported the past theft of a camera. According to report a $399 camera was stolen by a male who is also suspected in a previous theft from the store.
- At 11:30 p.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington man on a charge of breaking and entering of a vehicle at night for a felony. The summons was issued after reports of two people breaking into cars on Baron Park Lane.
- At 9:32 a.m. a Mill Street caller reported seeing a male come out of the woods behind her house and walk down the street in the direction of Rahanis Park. Male gone when police arrived.
- At 10:53 a.m. a caller from Lord Baron Park Lane reported her vehicle was keyed. Damage done to passenger back door.
- At 4:40 p.m. police arrested three people after a walk-in reported domestic violence that has been going on since July. Police arrested Vidhya Patel, 57, of 7 Birch St., Burlington on a charge of assault and batter; Maulin Patel, 27, of 7 Birch St., Burlington on charges of kidnapping, intimidating a witness, threatening to commit a crime and assault and batter. Police also arrested Jigisha Patel, 29, of 7 Birch Street on a charge of assault and battery.
- At 6:51 p.m. police issued a summons to a Lynn man on a charge of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- At 9:57 p.m. a caller reported she received a suspicious call from a male who said he had her lost dog and wanted to return it. The man said he was in Arlington and wanted her to meet him there. Arlington Police notified.
- At 10:08 p.m. police arrested Maryanne Scott, 53, of 507 Farms Dr., Burlington on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol (second offense), unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a motor vehicle lights violation, failure to stop for police, failure to drive in the right lane and failure to signal. Arrest made after an officer reported a vehicle was driving without lights.
- At 10:18 p.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington woman on a charge of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.