Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 12:09 p.m. police issued a summons to an Acton resident on a charge of leaving the scene of property damage. Summons issued after a caller from the Burlington Mall reported her vehicle was struck while parked in the lot.
- At 1:40 p.m. a caller at Market Basket reported another vehicle backed in her's in the parking lot and drove away.
- At 2:18 p.m. a Boulder Drive caller reported youths are constantly egging his house.
- At 4:38 pm. a Liberty Avenue caller reported his neighbor witness a Mass Health van hit his mailbox and drive off. The driver may have been unaware of the accident but the caller stated the vans have been an ongoing issue due to speed limit violations. Police contacted the company and the manager said he will contact transport companies and ensure they obey the speed limit.
- At 5:19 p.m. police arrested Zelia Dacosta, 38, of 39 Janice Avenue, Dracut on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation. Arrest made after a shoplifting complaint by Lord & Taylor.
- At 6:08 p.m. a Wilmere Avenue resident reported a vehicle had been parked outside his house since Nov. 30. Police discovered the vehicle had been stolen out of Malden. The vehicle was unlocked, with no keys inside, with damage to the front and rear bumpers. The entire interior had been dowsed with gasoline. Malden police towed the vehicle.
- At 6:38 p.m. GameStop in the Burlington Mall reported the theft of $500 in merchandise sometime over the weekend.
- At 6:52 p.m. a Macon Road caller that though UPS claimed to have delivered to her address on Nov. 6 she stated she never received the packages. Possibly stolen.
- At 7:29 p.m. police arrested a Woburn resident on a warrant from another agency.
- At 7:51 p.m. Sears reported detaining a male shoplifter. Store to issue civil demand.
- At 11:23 p.m. police arrested Jorik E. Mulder, 39, of 1223 Willshire Blvd Apartment 230, Santa Monica, Cal. on a charge of receiving stolen property over $250.