Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 1:08 a.m. a Skilton Lane caller reported hearing a fight in the area. Verbal between couple. No physical contact or threats.
- At 1:44 a.m. emergency crews responded to a fire at the Burlington Marriott. No injuries resulted and small fire was extinguished.
- At 10:35 a.m. a Cedar Street caller reported items thrown in her and her neighbor's lawn and wanted responsible party to clean up the mess. Police spoke with resident in question who then cleaned the area.
- At 1:17 p.m. a Francis Wyman Road caller reported malicious damage to a vehicle.
- At 4:25 p.m. Burlington Mall security reported three female shoplifters who stole $30 in jewelry.
- At 7:02 p.m. a caller reported three youths in a white vehicle drinking on the property of Marshall Simonds Middle School. Vehicle was gone when police arrived.
- At 10:19 p.m. a motorist on Wilmington Road reported a past road rage incident and said the other motorist was now following her. Police advised the caller to pull into a shopping plaza to meet responding unit. Road rage incident occurred on the highway.
- At 11:28 a.m. a Hillcrest Road caller reported their vehicle was damaged while parked on side of the street. Damage to driver side front bumper and headlight lens. Appears to be hit and run accident.
- At 1:27 p.m. Lord & Taylor reported detaining three female shoplifters. A $98 shirt was recovered.
- At 7:26 p.m. a caller from Staybridge Suites reported receiving harassing phone calls from an unknown male over the past month.