Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 9:58 a.m. a manager at Market Basket reported a male party yelling at customers in the parking lot. Police sent the man on the way and spoke with the manager who said he is in talks with the other property managers to obtain a trespass notice to keep the man off the property.
- At 12:08 p.m. a caller on Cambridge Street reported a vehicle being operated erratically and that it had crossed over the center line. Police checked area but the vehicle was gone.
- At 2:31 p.m. a manager from the Burlington Mall requested assistance with an employee who is refusing to leave the store.
- At 3:16 p.m. a Mountain Road caller stated they were assaulted at a party on New Years Eve.
- At 8:20 p.m. police arrested two people following a theft report from Sears. Police arrested Heather Ann Gormley, 35, of 86 Holyoke St., Lynn on charges of shoplifting by asportation and on a warrant from another agency. Police also arrested a New Bedford man on warrants from other agencies (4 counts).
- At 2 a.m. police issued a summons to a Tewksbury man on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration and not having an inspection sticker.
- At 10:59 a.m. a caller from Lahey Clinic reported a pedestrian struck by a vehicle. Serious injury to pedestrian and operator cited.
- At 6:01 p.m. police issued a summons to a Billerica man on charges of state highway traffic violation and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 8:30 p.m. police issued a summons to a Sudbury man on a charge of larceny over $250. Summons issued following a shoplifting complaint by Macy's.
- At 11:39 p.m. police arrested a Burlington woman on a warrant from another agency.