Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 1:01 a.m. police arrested a Lowell woman on a warrant from another agency.
- At 11:17 a.m. a caller from Winn Street reported a mattress boxspring in the roadway of the on-ramp to the highway.
- At 3:15 p.m. a caller on Wilmington Road reported witnessing a hit and run accident at Londi's Famous Roast Beef & Pizza. Victim's vehicle had damage to bumper.
- At 5:12 p.m. police issued a summons to a Wilmington man on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 5:30 p.m. police issued a summons to a Hialeah, Florida, man on charges of larceny over $250 and improper use of a credit card over $250. Summons issued after Nordstrom reported a past theft.
- At 7:29 p.m. a Fernglade Road caller reported she had been receiving harassing and threatening calls from her ex-husband. Caller declined restraining order rights.
- At 8:34 p.m. a Gidley Street caller reported rocks thrown at his home. Caller believes it was a group of youths from the neighborhood.
- At 12:25 p.m. a Peach Orchard Road caller reported the past theft of building material from the side of her home. Caller reported seeing a red truck in her driveway and she believes the operator was the one who stole several sheets of plywood from her yard.
- At 4:59 p.m. a Mark Street caller stated that a friend borrowed a crane lift and is refusing to return it. Police spoke with the friend who said he paid for the crane and that the reporting party welded it on his vehicle for him.