Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 3:59 p.m. a caller reported her ex husband was picking up their daughter and was refusing to put the booster seat in the proper position in his vehicle. Police helped settle the issue.
- At 4 p.m. Building 19 reported having a shoplifter in custody without identification. Police helped confirm identity and same was trespassed from the store and given a civil demand. $46 in merchandise taken.
- At 10:51 p.m. a Skilton Lane caller reported someone knocked on his back door but when he checked there was nobody there. Police checked the area behind the house and did not find anyone or see any car in the area.
- At 10:07 a.m. Lahey Clinic reported a patient was being combative and assaulted a staff member.
- At 11:20 a.m. Lahey Clinic reported a female stated prescription drugs (Oxycontin and Oxycodone) were stolen from her purse. Her driver's license was also stolen and the purse was left behind a bathroom door.
- At 12:31 a.m. a vehicle struck a deer on Winn Street. The animal had two broken legs and was terminated.
- At 9:24 p.m. a Best Buy manager requested assistance with a rude customer. The man left before police arrived.