Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 12:27 a.m. police issued a summons to a Woburn woman on a charge of person under 21 in possession of alcohol.
- At 1:22 a.m. police arrested Mary K. Shea, 23, of 30 Throne Hill Road, Groton, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
- At 9:04 a.m. a Glenwood Street caller reported someone stole her blue trash barrel sometime the day before.
- At 2 p.m. a Locust Street caller reported his cell phone was stolen while at the Burlington Mall a couple weeks ago.
- At 2:25 p.m. a Greenwood Road caller reported she received a phone call from an unknown person saying she had won a large amount of money and a new car and that someone would come by her house to pick up a Green Dot prepaid card for the sum of $500. Resident told caller she would not participate and believes this is a scam.
- At 3:47 p.m. police arrested Sarah Louise Leblanc, 22, of 5 Moulton St., Newburyport, on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by concealing merchandise. Arrest made following a shoplifting complaint by Macy's.
- At 5:30 p.m. police arrested a Burlington man on a warrant from another agency.
- At 7:06 p.m. police arrested two juveniles, one 14-year-old and one 16-year-old, on charges of larceny over $250 and wanton destruction of property under $250. Arrests made following a shoplifting complain by Macy's of two juveniles attempting to steal $1,272 worth of clothing. Youths were released to the mothers and will be summonsed to juvenile court.
- At 12:44 a.m. police placed a Burlington woman in protective custody following a report of an intoxicated woman causing issues.
- At 1:47 a.m. a Beacon Village caller reported his girlfriend assaulted him and he is bleeding from the face.
- At 9:04 a.m. a Greenwood Road caller reported receiving scam phone calls from someone stating he had won $19 million and a new car and that callers wanted money sent to facilitate delivery of winnings.
- At 9:27 a.m. a caller reported her intoxicated boyfriend was posting derogatory statements about her on Facebook. Caller advised of court rights.
- At 5:14 p.m. police arrested Janet Marie Connery, 40, of 2 Lee Road, Woburn on a charge of shoplifting by concealing merchandise (3rd offense). Arrest made following a shoplifting complaint by Macy's.