Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 7:16 a.m. a caller reported a group of youths smoking on Sunset Drive. Police sent them to class.
- At 12:26 p.m. Macy's reported detaining a female shoplifter who stole a pair of shoes, tights and two jackets. Suspect to be summonsed.
- At 1:53 p.m. police issued a summons to a Beverly man on a charge of operating a motor vehicle after revocation of registration.
- At 2:15 p.m. an officer working detail reported the theft of a water pump being used in construction on Wilmington Road.
- At 3:06 p.m. a Lexington Street caller reported he was cheated of $9,000 in an internet scam.
- At 4:17 police arrested a male after Macy's loss prevention reported chasing a male shoplifter who attempted to steal $936 worth of jackets.
- At 6:44 p.m. police arrested a Burlington man on warrant from another agency.
- At 6:47 p.m. Forever 21 in the Burlington Mall reported detaining three juvenile shoplifters.
- At 9:49 p.m. a caller from Pine Glen Elementary reported that when she entered the parking lot she saw a male jump out of a dumpster. Caller stated the man either had painted his face red or was wearing a red mask. He was also holding a cat that he let go. Police checked the area but the man was gone on their arrival.
- At 1:06 a.m. police placed a Woburn man into protective custody after a reported fight at Tavern in the Square.
- At 9:09 a.m. police arrested David Richardson, 37, of 259 Cambridge St., Burlington on charges of assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
- At 3:37 p.m. a Wildwood Street caller reported receiving harassing phone calls.
- At 5:17 p.m. a caller on Cambridge Street reported her 13-year-old son jumped out of the car after an argument. Child back with mother and no crime committed.