Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 2:24 a.m. a caller from the at 140 Cambride Street reported a driver was acting erratically and tried to pass her on Center Street. The vehicle followed her to the gas station, where four males exited the vehicle. According to the police report an officer attempted to follow the vehicle but lost it as it turned down side streets.
- At 4:02 a.m. a manager of the Dunkin Donuts at 112 Mall Road reported that a bag of money, holding $72.08, was noticed missing that morning. Manager stated she had camera footage of the bag being stolen. Police issued a summons to a Lowell man on a charge of larceny under $250 in connection to the incident.
- At 11:36 a.m. a caller from Nokia, 5 Wayside Road, reported that a MacBook laptop, valued at $3,500, was stolen from an employee's cubicle sometime the day before.
- At 12:53 p.m. a LoJack employee reported recovering a 2000 Toyota Carolla that had been reported stolen.
- At 1:23 p.m. a Skilton Lane caller reported receiving harassing phone calls. Caller stated he is receiving calls from debt collections for money owed. Police advised caller to contact credit card company and hanle if money is owed.
- At 2 p.m. reported detaining a male shoplifter with no identification. Store to handle.
- At 2:02 p.m. a Mohawk Road caller reported an unknown motor vehicle drove over her lawn sometime between the night before and the time of the call. Portion of lawn and a tree damaged.
- At 2:09 p.m. reported detaining a male shoplifter. Store to summons and seek civil fines and had a two-year no trespassing order signed by male suspect.
- At 2:32 p.m. a manager from reported receiving $200 dollars, all in twenty dollar bills, that is counterfeit. Secret Service responding to incident.
- At 5:54 p.m. police placed a Malden man in protective custody after a caller from , 185 Cambridge St., reported an intoxicated male inside the store.
- At 7:09 a.m. a Paulson Drive caller reported that his mailbox and its post had been pulled out of the ground and were laying on the road. Mailbox did not appear to be struck by a vehicle and incident was logged as malicious damage/vandalism.
- At 8:02 a.m. AT&T in the Burlington Mall reported a phone stolen from the store.
- At 1:39 p.m. a caller reported finding a black bag/purse in the woods behind Beacon Woods Condos, 1 Georgia Road.
- At 3:11 a Terrace Hall Avenue resident reported mailbox knocked over during the night.
- At 5:07 p.m. a caller reported that her vehicle had been involved in a hit-and-run accident while parked at the . Caller stated a witness left the other vehicle's information in a note on her windshield.
- AT 7:35 p.m. a Glenwood St. caller reported that his bumper was cracked and there was a mailbox, not his own, laying in the driveway. Caller also stated he heard car alarm around 2 a.m. this morning. Police report states it appears the mailbox was removed from a neighbor's yard and used to damage the caller's vehicle.