Following are excerpts from the log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 9:51 a.m. a caller from Skilton lane reported that coyotes attacked his dog. Caller said that the day before a pack of several coyotes came into his back yard and attacked his large pit bull dog, requiring it to need several stitches. Police informed Mass Wildlife.
- At 10:41 a.m. a University Ave. caller reported an elderly male with a long hand saw walked out of the woods, cut down a tree and walked back into the woods. Police spoke to the 68-year-old man who was a recent immigrant from Bulgaria and unaccustomed to concept of private property. Caller was made aware of situation and did not want to press charges.
- At 1:03 p.m. a caller from Van Norden Road reported that she had her laptop stolen from her friend's house while attending a party the day before.
- At 3:08 p.m. a County Road caller reported that his mailbox was pulled up from the ground sometime between midnight and 6:30 a.m. that morning. No damage was done to actual mailbox.
- At 3:17 p.m. a caller from the reported that when she returned from shopping she found that someone had keyed a vulgar word into her driver's side door. Caller said she had no confrontation with anyone before entering the mall.
- At 3:54 p.m. loss prevention reported detaining a female shoplifter. Store to handle.
- At 5:57 p.m. a Mildred Road caller reported a youth operating a go kart in the roadway. Police spoke with the mother and child and advised them to keep the kart in the yard.
- At 7:01 p.m. a caller from the reported someone tried to break into this car while he was shopping.
- At 12:43 a.m. a Sears Street caller reported a group of kids in the neighborhood making a disturbance. Police spoke to them and it was a group of Woburn youths who were attempting to go to a party. Homeowner didn't want them there and made a disturbance. Police sent them on their way.
- At 12:16 p.m. a Birchcrest Street caller reported that she believes someone attempted to break into her vehicle sometime since the day before by popping off ignition switch. No sign of entry and nothing taken.
- At 5:38 p.m. police arrested Jessie Roberts, 31, of 326 Handcrock Street, Abington on charges of larceny over $250 and assault and battery. Arrest made after reported stopping a shoplifter in the parking lot.