Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 8:16 a.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington man on charges of distributing obscene material and lascivious posing/exhibition of a child in the nude.
- At 10:42 a.m. a Heritage Way caller reported a pumpkin missing from her front steps.
- At 1:08 p.m. a Eugene Road caller reported a tree fell on her home.
- Multiple reports throughout the day of trees on power lines and across roadways due to Hurricane Sandy.
- At 2:33 p.m. a Woodcrest Avenue caller reported sparks coming from downed wire.
- At 3:57 p.m. a Locust Street caller reported a tree fell on her house and knocked out the power.
- At 4:02 p.m. a Brown Avenue caller reported a tree fell on her house.
- Many reports of storm damage from Hurricane Sandy, including downed trees and wires.
- At 10:27 a.m. a James Street caller reported the bucket of his Bobcat was stolen sometime in the past two days. Tire marks consistent with another Bobcat front loader where bucket was stolen.
- At 4:35 p.m. a Spruce Hill resident came to the station to report that a letter was mailed to him home that was not addressed to him. He opened the letter, which was sent from Virginia, and found a letter that was threatening to the intended recipient.