Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 12:29 p.m. a facilities director for North East ARC, 80 Center Street, reported malicious damage to property. Severe damage found thoughout residence.
- At 2:49 p.m. a caller reported a hit and run accident on Cambridge Street. Caller stated their vehicle was clipped by a black Volkswagen Jetta.
- At 2:54 p.. police arrested John Hickox, 54, of 152 Concord St., Nashua, N.H. on charges of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and operating under the influence of liquore (5th offense). Arrest made after Hickox drove to the Burlington Police Station to complain about "various issues." Click here for the full story.
- At 4:26 p.m. a party came to the station to report that multiple prescription medications were stolen from her vehicle while it was parked on Cambridge Street.
- At 5:12 p.m. police issued a summons to a Gloucester man on charges of operating a vehicle with no inspection sticker and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 5:17 p.m. a manager from the Cycle Loft reported the possible theft of a bicycle during a test ride.
- At 7:32 p.m. police issued summons to two Watertown teens on charges of larceny over $250. Summons issued following a report by Macy's that two female juveniles stole $700 worth of merchandise. Teens were released to their parents.
- At 3:02 a.m. the State Police alerted Burlington Police of a male party locked inside the bank ATM area and cannot get out at the Metropolitan Credit Union. Police assisted with door malfunction and the male was okay.
- At 11:21 a.m. a manager at Shaw's reported that 30 cans of powdered baby formula were missing from the shelf. Valued at approximately $29 each.