Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 9:15 a.m. a Hillcrest Drive caller reported she is being harassed by a resident in town who has been leaving messages on her business voice mail.
- At 10:25 a.m. a caller reported wallet was stolen on March 4 at the Burlington Mall. Caller said her debit cart had been used at .
- At 5:23 p.m. a caller on Winn Street reported damage to the rear window of his vehicle. Police report states window was smashed sometime between 2 and 5 p.m.
- At 6:07 p.m. Officer McMillan reported recovering a vehicle that had been reported missing in Dedham. Damage to ignition, front seats missing and side mirrors missing. Vehicle towed.
- At 6:12 p.m. a caller from the at 140 Cambridge St. reported being the victim of a hit and run accident. Suspect was reported driving a green Ford Taurus.
- At 3:17 p.m. a caller from reported a dispute with a guest at the hotel. Male party advised to leave for the evening.
- At 1:47 a manager from reported finding a wallet with a small amount of 94C (controlled substance) inside. Substance to be destroyed and management to return wallet.
- At 1:50 p.m. a caller reported that someone stole her pocketbook from the employee room at . Report states suspect was caught on video and had been using cards at Target in Woburn. Suspect was using a rented vehicle and police to get information from Enterprise.
- At 2:15 p.m. a caller reported paying $11,000 for Red Sox tickets he never received.
- At 4:20 p.m. a Edgemont Avenue caller reported someone backed up a truck onto his yard and broke his sprinkler head. Owner has incident on video. Police spoke to owner of company connected to vehicle who said he will make restitution.
- At 5:40 p.m. police arrested Cesar Vargas, 30, of 68 Congress St., Apt. 1, Lawrence, on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and on a warrant from another agency.
- At 12:08 p.m. a Brookfield Road caller reported parties soliciting in neighborhood. Police found parties, who were distributors for carpet cleaning services and advised them to register with the police department.
- At 1:51 p.m. a caller from the reported having their laptop stolen sometime in the past two hours.
- At 9:11 p.m. a Wheatland Street caller reported a friend was drunk and she was refusing to leave. Police settled situation.
- At 11:54 p.m. the same caller from the 9:11 p.m. incident reported he would like help removing a second party from the residence. Police placed a Westford woman in protective custody.