Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 3:11 a.m. a caller from Sunrise of Burlington reported that her car had been stolen.
- At 6:10 p.m. police arrested a Tewksbury man on a warrant from another agency. Arrest made following a motor vehicle stop.
- At 6:43 p.m. police arrested two people after a caller reported that Burlington Mall security had shoplifters detained. Police arrested Patrick Hurley, 27, of 68 Pleasant St., Apartment 2, Stoneham on charges of larceny over $250 and assault. Police also arrested Katherine Ruggiero, 35, of 53 Pembroke St., Apartment 1, Medford on a charge of larceny over $250.
- At 10:31 p.m. a Winn Valley Drive caller reported her house just egged and that this is an ongoing problem.
- At 11:33 a.m. a Thomas Street caller reported someone used his debit card.
- At 1:02 p.m. a Cresthaven Drive caller reported someone used her credit card.
- AT 1:50 p.m. police placed a Woburn woman into protective custody after a detail officer at Roche Brothers reported an intoxicated female.
- At 4:51 p.m. a Farms Drive caller reported his vehicle's front license plate had been stolen.
- At 7:58 p.m. police issued a summons to a woman after Kohl's reported having a female shoplifter in custody.