Following are excerpts from the log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 9:34 a.m. a caller from reported that a rather studious wild turkey was at a window at the school.
- At 1:38 p.m. a caller from Kinney Avenue reported an Allied waste barrel was missing from the property.
- At 4:55 p.m. MBTA dispatch requested police assistance with a possible intoxicated female on the bus. Party was released to the custody of her mother.
- At 7:42 p.m. security reported that a customer reported finding an unknown amount of money in front of Kay's Jewelers. Party did not turn over money but provided cell phone number in case someone claims it.
- At 8:45 p.m. Spencer Gifts reported a female shoplifter fled the store after attempting to steal $50 worth of merchandise. Woman fled but store had her license.
- At 9:14 p.m. police issued a summons to a 14-year-old juvenile on a charge of a person under 21 possessing alcohol.
- At 3:35 a.m. police arrested Robert Halloran, 42, of 9 Brettwood Road, Belmont, on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, assault and batter and intimidating a witness. Arrest made after Derry, NH police reported a domestic report which they believed occurred in Burlington.
- At 1:59 p.m. a Sumner Street caller reported a strong odor of gas in the area of his house. Gas line in back of home ruptured, causing the house to be briefly evacuated. National Grid handled the leak and residents allowed back in home.
- At 8:52 p.m. in the reported the past theft of a $325 pair of sunglasses.
- At 3:19 a.m. a caller from Homstead Studio Suites reported people drinking in hotel and wanted them removed from property. Police spoke to parties in two rooms and warned them to call it a night and that they would be evicted if police had to return.
- At 8:20 a.m. a caller from Seven Springs Lane reported her motor vehicle was struck sometimes the night before.
- At 2:58 p.m. a manager at Kimball Towers reported two white males spray painting the inside of the building. Police found three juvenile males (ages 12-13), identified them and contacted their parents. Parents were advised of on-gong investigation and seriousness of potential charges. Management company to seek estimate of clean up and/or repair costs.
- At 6:38 p.m. a male caller on Chandler Road reported being followed by an enraged driver.
- At 8:43 p.m. police arrested a Burlington man on a warrant from another agency.