Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 11:26 a.m. police arrested Shawn Burrows, 22, of 20 Westwood Avenue, Billerica on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license (subsequent offense) and on two warrants from other agencies.
- At 11:56 a person came to the station to report that their GPS unit had been stolen sometime in the last couple of days.
- At 1:53 p.m. security reported two missing children in the food court. Both youths were brought to the police station. A 16-year-old male was released to his father and a 15-year-old girl was released to the Department of Children & Families.
- At 3:23 a caller on Locust Street reported another motorist through a bottle at his car. Caller gave police license plate number and department to investigate.
- At 4:26 police helped trespass a person away from the Dunkin Donuts at 69 Middlesex Turnpike after a caller reported that a male was in the parking lot harassing customers for money.
- At 4:35 p.m. police arrested two shoplifters at . William Japakih, 17, of 429 Adam Park Road, Springfield, on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation. Police also arrested a juvenile (16) on the same charge. The juvenile was also a runaway and the bail commissioner held him without bail and he was transported to Lowell for further processing.
- At 5:54 p.m. a caller reported a black pickup truck and a Toyota Highlander in a driveway on Lowell Street and the smell of marijuana coming from their area. Caller believed a drug deal may be taking place. Vehicles were gone before police arrived.
- At 10:44 p.m. a caller reported she was locked at of her vehicle in the parking lot of the and that an infant was inside.
- At 8:57 a.m. a caller from Burlington Car Wash reported finding pornographic magazines on the sidewalk across the street from the car wash. Magazines were in the roadway and sidewalk and a wooded area. Magazines may have fallen out of a trash truck several days ago while it was traveling on Cambridge Street.
- At 2:27 p.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington man on a charge of shoplifting by concealing merchandise.
- At 5:45 p.m. police issued criminal summons to a Lowell man and a Billerica woman each on charges of breaking and entering for misdemeanor and trespassing. Summons issued after an Eisenhower Drive resident reported the girlfriend of the previous resident may be in the house. Police found the female party unresponsive in the dwelling and issued summons to her and the male party.
- At 6:42 p.m. police arrested Ryan Patrick Mullins, 28, of 936 Arboretum Way, Burlington on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon and assault and battery.
- At 7:49 Sears loss prevention reported detaining a male shoplifter. Police issued a summons to a Milford, NH male on a charge of shoplifting by asportation (2nd offense).
- At 8:23 p.m. police made three arrests after finding three under-age people drinking at Overlook Park. Police arrested Ryan Timothy Carney, 18, of 48 Lake Avenue, Woburn; Stephen George, 17, of 20 Allen Street, Woburn; and a 16-year-old juvenile all on charges of possession of liquor by a person under 21.