Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 1:18 a.m. police arrested Jason Demonico, 22, of 64B Blanchard Road, Burlington on charges of assault and battery and intimidating a witness. Arrest made after a caller reported a disturbance between neighbors.
- At 11:18 a.m. a Heritage Way caller reported the tires on her snow blower were slashed. Two tires were slashed, caller was unsure when this occurred.
- At 1:38 p.m. a manager at Best Buy reported two sets of headphones valued at $400 each were missing. Suspect was described as a short-haired female, middle aged, average height and stocky. Suspect walked towards Wheeler Road.
- At 4:35 p.m. police issued summons to a Saugus man and a Winthrop man on charges of shoplifting by price tampering. Summons issued following a shoplifting complaint by Building 19.
- At 7:46 p.m. police issued a summons to a Concord, NH man on a charge of larceny over $250. Summons issued following a past theft complaint by Macy's.
- At 8:26 p.m. Lord & Taylor reported the past theft of approximately $4,100 worth of jeans. Suspects described as a Hispanic male wearing a black hat and a black hooded sweatshirt and an Asian male wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt.
- At 8:47 a.m. a Sunset Drive caller reported someone knocked his mailbox and damaged a planter sometimes after midnight. Items appear to have been struck by a motor vehicle. Approximately $300 in damage reported.
- At 11:39 a.m. police arrested Linda Shaffer, 44, of 41 Dudley St., Arlington, on charges of shoplifting $100+ by concealing merchandise and possession of burglarious instruments. Arrest made following a shoplifting complaint by Nordstrom.
- At 4:08 p.m. a Forbes Avenue caller reported someone left dog feces in her mailbox. Caller stated she returned home a bit after 3 p.m. to find fecal matter in a plastic bag in her mailbox.
- At 4:18 p.m. a Wilmington Road caller reported his ex-wife forged his name on a check for $802. Caller wanted incident logged if his ex-wife doesn't pay him back.
- At 8:49 p.m. police issued a summons to a Stoneham man on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and operating an unregistered motor vehicle.