Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 6:29 a.m. police arrested Matthew Piazza, 30, of 22 Sheridan St., Woburn on a charge of assault and battery. Arrest made after Woburn PD asked for assistance with a domestic that occurred in Burlington.
- At 8:54 a.m. a caller from an apartment structure on McNamara Way reported that this morning she heard a thud and when she looked into the hallway she saw a white male, approximately 50 years old with a dark beard and green army jacket leaving an empty apartment. She later noticed the door had been forced open and damaged.
- At 9:17 a.m. a caller from reported damage to his motor vehicle. Two vehicles owned by business had one tire each sliced overnight.
- At 7:19 p.m. another call reported having tires slashed, this time on Baxter Cir. Caller reports a tire on his Dodge Caravan was slashed sometime the night before.
- At 6:24 a.m. police arrested Michael Perrotta, 43, of 20 Clark St., Apartment 20, Winchester on charges of a motor vehicle lights violation, operating a motor vehicle with no inspection sticker and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license (subsequent offense).
- At 11:18 a.m. a caller reported that his neighbor's landscaper is digging in his property. Police spoke to landscaper who said he would fix the damage he caused.
- At 7:22 p.m. the Burlington Mall security called to report that a female customer stated she had a confrontation in the parking lot before entering the mall. When she returned to her vehicle she saw that it had been keyed. Police attempting to locate other party involved.
- at 11:12 p.m. a caller reported a group of teenagers in the woods near the water treatment plant on Winter Street were having a fire. Police broke up gathering and cited two for 94c (controlled substance).
- At 10:04 a.m. a caller from Beacon Village reported that at 7:30 p.m. the previous night a male was in the rear of her apartment building looking up and taking pictures. When he noticed her looking he left the area. Police advised her to call back if he returns.
- At 11:05 a.m. a detail officer reported seeing a male party walking out from behind the Francis Wyman House. Police unable to locate but neighbor thought it was her son out walking the dog.
- At 6:17 p.m. a caller reported her wallet was stolen while she was at the in the .
- At 8:35 p.m. police arrested a Burlington resident on a warrant from another agency. Arrest made following a call from Beacon Village that a drunk male was creating a disturbance.
- At 2:22 a.m. a caller from Summerfield Suites reported that a vehicle had a window broken and a wallet was stolen from inside. Entry gained through back seat window. Credit cards and a rare antique were stolen.
- At 11:02 a.m. a vehicle drove into the old Blockbuster Video building. No injuries and building inspector states structure is sound.
- At 2:09 p.m. a Makechnie Road caller reported a vehicle was parked in her lawn. It turned out to be a Burlington DPD vehicle and police to speak to operators.
- At 2:18 p.m. Nordstrom's reported detaining a suspect who the day before had allegedly ran out of the store with $158 worth of jeans. Suspect admitted to theft and summons to be issued.
- At 5:08 p.m. police stopped a vehicle because of an expired license plate and because the operator was smoking marijuana. Civil citation issued for marijuana use and written warning for unlicensed operation. Vehicle towed.