Following are excerpts from the log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 7:09 a.m. police arrested Carlos Alberto Santiago, 29, of 8 Baron Park Lane, Apartment 14, Burlington on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and on a warrant from another agency.
- At 8:15 a.m. a caller from Wall Street reported a suspicious male in a parking lot. Police spoke with man who explained he was stopped because a friend had placed a mouse in his motor vehicle as a prank and he was trying to get it out.
- At 9:03 a.m. an employee at Homestead Studios, 40 South Ave., reported that a guest had a motor vehicle breaking and entering. A $250 jack was stolen.
- At 3:03 p.m. police arrested Neil William Quinton, 34, of 622 Arboretum Way, Burlington on a charge of violating an abuse prevention order.
- At 9:58 p.m. Macy's reported detaining a 17 year old shoplifter without identification. Identification confirmed for loss prevention, store did not wish to prosecute.
- At 3:31 a.m. a Beacon Street resident reported she heard someone trying to open her window and when she screamed she saw a shadow of a person leaving the area. Police found no signs of entry at window and screen was intact. K-9 deployed and found no track. Unfounded at this time.
- At 10:35 a.m. police issued a criminal summons to a Burlington man on a charge of violating an abuse prevention order.
- At 4:56 p.m. a manager for at 24 Mall Road reported that money had been stolen from at least two victims over the past couple of weeks.
- At 4:57 p.m. Lord & Taylor reported a past theft of handbags. Store security reports chasing a male who stole 14 bags before jumping into a 1999 Ford Taurus operated by a white female. Store has incident on video and identified both the male suspect and female driver from a past shoplifting incident.