Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 8:57 a.m. a Lexington Street caller reported someone left a television in front of his house. DPW to pick up.
- At 9:35 a.m. a caller in the parking lot of TD Bank North reported a male party punched her vehicle.
- At 10:27 a.m. a September Lane caller reported that workers from across the street placed a toilet on her lawn and were refusing to remove it unless she payed them $20. Police spoke with workmen who agreed to remove toilet without incident.
- At 10:47 a.m. police arrested Joseph Paul Olivera, 40, of 9 Baron Park Lane, Apartment 5, Burlington on a charge of assault and battery. Arrest made after a female reported a past assault by her husband the nigh before.
- At 3:44 p.m. a caller at Market Basket reported she left her computer in a carriage and it was gone when she returned.
- At 10:51 p.m. a resident came to the station to report receiving threatening text messages on her cell phone.
- At 7:01 a.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington man on charges of a speeding violation in a specially regulated zone and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 11:33 a.m. a Arthurwoods Avenue caller reported a female party used her personal information.
- At 4:53 p.m. police arrested a shoplifter after a complaint by Nordstrom.
- At 5:49 p.m. a Harriett Avenue caller reported his neighbor was swearing at him and he would like to speak with an officer. Police spoke to both parties.
- At 10:57 p.m. a South Bedford Street caller reported that when she was driving up to her house she spotted two males in dark clothes in her driveway. When she parked in her neighbor's driveway the men left.