Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 1:06 a.m. police issued a summons to a Woburn woman on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, driving while not in possession of a license and speeding in violation of special regulations.
- Multiple citations issued for violation of the Winter Parking Ban throughout the early morning.
- Starting at 5:32 a.m. police began a search for a missing woman from the Sunrise Assisted Living Facility. The woman was located about a half-mile from Sunrise. Click here for the full story.
- At 10:36 a.m. a caller from Jo-Ann Fabrics & Crafts reported an employee stole from the store. Report states employee was terminated for "fraudulent return fraud" in the amount of $979.
- AT 8:01 p.m. police issued a citation for failure to move over for an emergency vehicle.
- At 10:34 p.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington man on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a revoked license.
- At 12:58 a.m. a Robert Street caller reported three teenage males ran through his front yard and knocked over a solar light. Last seen heading towards Rahanis Park.
- At 5:55 a.m. a Wilmington Road caller reported striking a deer. Caller was uninjured and the deer walked off before police arrived.
- At 11:14 a.m. a caller at Sovereign Bank reported finding a hypodermic needle on the property. Needle was clean. Disposed of by police.
- At 2:53 p.m. a caller on Van De Graaff Drive reported a gray Honda Civic with two occupants driving around the lots looking into other vehicles. Suspicious vehicle gone when police arrived.
- At 3:06 p.m. police arrested James Eldridge, 28, of 85 Hammond St., Apartment 604, Boston, on charges of assault and battery and shoplifting $100+ by asportation. Arrest made after a caller from the Burlington Mall reported a man placed a pair of $179 Timber Land boots into a bag, assaulted an employee and left.
- At 5:22 p.m. police arrested William Mcnabb, 51, of Seven Springs Lane, Apartment 12B on a charge of trespass. Arrest made following a complaint by Subway at 47 Middlesex Turnpike.