Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 11:40 a.m. a caller from Burlington Wine & Spirits reported a past theft. Caller stated that on Jan. 17 and Jan. 23 three females came to the store and stole several bottles of vodka.
- At 12:45 a.m. police issued a summons to an Acton woman on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation. Summonsed issued following a shoplifting complaint by Macy's.
- At 5:01 p.m. police arrested Michaela Paciulan, 25, of 21 Mort Avenue, Lowell, on a charge of larceny under $250. Arrest made following a shoplifting complaint by Sears.
- At 4:23 a.m. police arrested Jared William Vitale, 19, of 13 Shane Lane, Billerica, on charges of assault and battery and violating an abuse prevention order.
- At 10:15 a.m. a Briarwood Lane caller reported spotting a sick fox in the area. Animal was gone when police arrived.
- At 2:38 p.m. a caller at the Burlington Mall reported being video taped by an unknown person and wanted the man to give him the tape. Caller reported he was unknowingly taped by "Method Loft Video Productions" for a prank tape. Video company erased images and mall manager trespassed them from the mall.
- At 4:53 p.m. police issued a summons to a Revere man on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by concealing merchandise. Summons issued following a shoplifting complaint by Nordstrom.