Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 1:59 a.m. police arrested Tri Quindrell Grover, 37, of 34 South Branch Dr., Jacksonville, Florida, on charges of breaking and entering a building at night for a felony, assault and battery and destruction of property under $250. Arrest made after a caller from Homestead Studio Suites reported that her husband broke in through her hotel window, assaulted her and stole her ring.
- At 10:29 a.m. a Bedford Street caller reported that her boyfriend had been missing since Sept. 6. Information added to missing persons system and area police departments alerted.
- At 12:45 p.m. a caller reported that her daughter's iPad was stolen while she was at Burlington High School. Theft happened in a classroom.
- At 2:36 p.m. a resident came to the station to report her daughter has been receiving harassing phone calls on her cell phone.
- At 5:07 p.m. a caller at the Burlington Mall reported that an iPad and laptop were stolen from their vehicle while it was parked in the lot.
- At 6:24 p.m.a manager at the Cheateu Restaurant reported three intoxicated males who left in two motor vehicles, both with commercial plates. Police searched the area but the vehicles were gone. Surrounding community police departments notified.
- At 6:31 p.m. a caller reported a male exiting a vehicle in the Kohl's parking lot wearing nothing but socks. Police searched the area but the vehicle was gone. At 7:20 another caller reported spotting a male wearing nothing below the waist in the parking lot of the Burlington Mall.
- At 7:28 a.m. a Lowell Street caller reported her vehicle was broken into overnight and an iPod charger and head phones were stolen.
- At 7:48 a.m. another Lowell Street caller reported that someone went through his car overnight.
- At 11:20 a.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington man on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license (subsequent offense).
- At 11:56 a.m. a caller from the Burlington Housing Authority reported that someone damaged a door to the storage area and three boxes containing information on the building from 2004.
- At 3:40 p.m. police issued a summons to a Lowell man on a charge of shoplifting by concealing merchandise. Summons issued after Busa Wine & Spirits reported a male took a bottle of vodka.
- At 4:17 p.m. Lord & Taylor reported detaining a female shoplifter. Store to seek civil action.
- At 4:52 p.m. police arrested Rui Qin Ma, 48, of 4515 Coltin St., Apartment 5R, Flushing, NY on charges of sexual conduct for a fee and unlicensed massage/bath. Click here for more information.
- At 7:15 p.m. Aveda in the Burlington Mall reported receiving a counterfeit $100 bill. Turned out to be a valid but flawed bill.