Following are excerpts from the log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 3:10 a.m. police issued a criminal summons to a Billerica man following a single-vehicle accident on Winn Street.
- At 7:22 a.m. a Winn Valley Drive caller reported that someone drove over his front lawn sometime the night before.
- At 2:15 p.m. a caller reported a utility line transformer explosion with a small fire on Sears Street and Winn Street. Power outage reported in area of Theatore Road and Sleeper Lane and Winn Street. NSTAR responded.
- At 6:23 p.m. police arrested a Charlestown male on a warrant from another agency.
- At 10:06 p.m. a caller from reported a male in a white pickup was going throught the dumpster. The partly claimed to own a consignment shop and was looking for items. Party asked to leave the area.
- At 6:43 a.m. a caller reported that her car was keyed the night before.
- At 11:49 a.m. a caller complained that the intersection of Middlesex Turnpike and Adams Streets is blocked by traffic on a regular basis. The town Engineering Department has requested that Mass DOT evaluate the timing of the lights. Police also noted intersection for enforcement.
- At 5:40 a caller from Fay Spofford & Thornkie Inc., 5 Burlington Woods, reported that her vehicle, which she parked at work this morning, was missing when she went out to the parking lot. Her vehicle was later recovered in Malden.
- At 7:15 p.m. a Bedford Street caller reported his mailbox, valued at approximately $100, was stolen sometime that day between 7:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- At 9:18 p.m. a caller from reported that there was a customer without a valid identification and the caller was refusing to sell him liquor but customer refused to leave the store. Police spoke with man and told him of store policy and he left without incident.