Following are excerpts from the log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 1:07 a.m. a caller reported her phone was stolen at the Boston Garden this evening and that through software it was located on Winn Street in Burlington. Police located phone in the street and owner will pick up tomorrow.
- At 3:39 a.m. the requested help in breaking up a loud party. Police spoke to visitors in two rooms and advised them to be quiet.
- At 10:47 a.m. a caller from Kimball Towers, 8 Kimball Ct., reported a motor vehicle fire in the parking garage. The Fire Department handled the situation.
- At 1:06 p.m. a caller reported cars racing up Peach Orchard Road. Police checked area but vehicles were gone when they arrived.
- At 8:05 p.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington man on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration, operating an unregistered motor vehicle, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and on a warrant from another agency.
- At 10:12 p.m. a caller reported a hit and run accident on Route 128 South between exits 33 and 34. Four people were transported to the hospital.
- At 2:06 a.m. police responded to the Burlington Marriott to disperse guests drinking alcohol outside in the parking lot.
- At 4:47 a.m. a caller on Mill Street reported four juveniles walking down the street knocking over mailboxes, one wearing a white hoodie and another a dark T-shirt. Shortly after a caller on Locus Street reported that kids behind her house ripped the screen off her rear window. Another call from Locus street reported that three kids spay-painted his property before leaving the area. Police arrested one 15-year-old juvenile on charges of malicious destruction of property $250+ and breaking and entering in the daytime for a felony, putting person in fear.
- At 5:03 p.m. a caller from on Winn Street reported that a male suspect had stolen a woman's purse in the parking lot. , police are asking the public's assistance in identifying the man, who stole the purse of an 85-year-old woman.
- At 5:51 p.m. a caller from St. Margaret's Parish reported that a man in a blue van was taking bags out of the donation bin.
- At 7:22 p.m. police arrested Allen John Mason, 29, of 11 Congress St., Apartment 2, Stoneham, on a charge of shoplifting by asportation $100+. Arrest made following a report by loss prevention of two shoplifters.
- At 8:07 p.m. a Briarwood Lane caller reported he returned home to find numerous street signs on his front lawn. Police to advise DPW about the signs.
- At 8:31 p.m. reported the past theft of about 12 items for a total loss of approximately $525. Items taken around 8:10 p.m. by a male and female party.