Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 12:35 a.m. police arrested Amine Braer, 23, of 58 High St., Andover on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, failing to stop/yield and failure to wear a seat belt.
- At 7:06 a.m. a caller from Harrington's Automotive Inc., 118 Cambridge St., reported the front store window was broken. Police determined a rock was through through the window sometime between midnight at 7 a.m.
- At 9:32 a.m. police spoke to demonstrators outside of . Parties were organizers from Local 26 Carpenters Union who said they were there for informational purposes () concerning issues with their contract for work on Memorial School. Carpenters said that they will not be blocking traffic and will remain on sidewalk leaving room for foot traffic to navigate.
- at 2:07 p.m. a caller from , 13 Center St., reported that several forged checked were cashed in all of the bank's branches. Suspects have been arrested by other agencies but caller was reporting the thefts that occurred in Burlington.
- At 2:40 p.m. police arrested Maurice Harris, 31, of 201 Magnolia St., Dorchester on a warrant from another agency.
- At 6:22 p.m. police received multiple calls of a MBTA bus crash. Bus T197 was involved in an accident with a motor vehicle. No injuries reported.
- At 8:44 p.m. a Shady Lane Drive resident reported that over $800 had been charged to his or her credit card after they signed up for a personal fitness trainer. Reporting party stated the agreed upon price was $140. There is a contract of some sort and reporting party was in process of cancelling the contract and challenging the transaction. Caller stated he or she thought the process was a scam and said two other people had this happen to them.
- At 7:30 a.m. a caller reported an injured deer at the intersection of Crowley Road and Middlesex Turnpike. Police confirmed animal was dead and notification was made for removal.
- At 8:27 a.m. a caller reported that her son's iPad was stolen sometime Monday night from the mens room of the food court at the .
- At 9:13 a.m. a caller from , 11 Old Concord Rd., reported a motor vehicle break-in that occurred overnight. Back window was smashed sometime between 1 and 7 a.m. Nothing was reported stolen.
- At 12:34 p.m. a caller from Starbucks at 84 Mall Rd. reported her motor vehicle was struck in a hit-and-run accident. Other motor vehicle is unknown.
- At 2 p.m. police issued a summons to a Salem man on charges of uttering a false check, larceny over $250 by a single scheme and possessing a counterfeit note.
- At 3:17 p.m. Kohl's Department Store reported detaining a shoplifter for stealing about $500 of merchandise. Female suspect will be summonsed.