Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 12:37 a.m. a cab driver on Wilhelmina Avenue reported dropping off a male who stated he had to go inside to get the money for the cab fare. The man did not return. Police checked the residence with the cab driver and nobody inside knew who he was and the suspect was not found.
- At 12:12 p.m. a caller on College Road reported spotting seeing the turkey with an arrow stuck in it. Police checked area but did not locate.
- At 12:58 p.m. a Sheldon Street caller reported a hawk flew into a window and is hurt. Animal control notified.
- At 5:35 p.m. police arrested two males for shoplifting following a complaint by Macy's. Police arrested Andri Vorotsov, 24, of 82 Concord Road, Apartment 01701, Framingham on a charge of larceny over $250. Police also arrested Sergi Musiienko, 23, of 178 Waverly Avenue, Watertown, on a charge of larceny over $250.
- At 7:48 p.m. police arrested a female after Sears loss prevention reported detaining a shoplifter who tried to steal $224 in merchandise. Police arrested Eliana Raymundo, 31, of 34 Orange St., Apartment 5, Woburn, on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by concealing merchandise.
- At 8:20 p.m. a caller reported that while driving near Simonds Park he believes youths may have thrown a rock and/or shot a BB at his vehicle. Police checked the area but did not locate anyone.
- At 9:18 p.m. a Best Buy loss prevention member reported a female customer trying to return an item that does not belong to the store. Female involved in return fraud of televisions.
- At 1:17 a.m. police arrested Jillian Basile, 24, of 74 Library St., Chelsea, on charges of disorderly conduct, assault and batter on a police officer, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, malicious destruction of property over $250 and resisting arrest. Arrest made after Tavern in the Square reported an intoxicated female causing a disturbance in the parking lot.
- At 12:24 p.m. a Church Lane caller reported her house was egged the night before.
- At 12:58 p.m. a Thornton Drive caller reported someone stole a weed-whacker from his trailer.
- At 3:16 p.m. a caller on Lucaya Cir. reported dogs off their leashes ran after his wife.
- At 4:56 p.m. a Kenmere Avenue caller reported a male party made inappropriate comments to his 11-year-old daughter. Woburn Police reported they had the male party stopped on Winn Street.
- At 7:42 p.m. a Forest Road caller reported a young male keeps ringing his doorbell and running into the woods across the street.