Following are excerpts from the log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 3:20 a.m. a caller reported a gray truck parked at the American Legion. Police found a male walking around the area and gave him a verbal warning.
- At 10:02 a.m. a caller from reported the theft of a freezer that morning.
- At 11:47 a.m. police arrested a Bronx, N.Y. man on two warrants from another agency.
- At 7:36 p.m. a caller from Beacon Village reported the theft of a reclining chair valued at approximately $250. Caller spoke with UPS who stated it was delivered on July 15 and was signed for but the purchaser did not receive it.
- At 7:36 a.m. police issued a summons to a Billerica man on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and operating an unregistered motor vehicle.
- At 11:18 a.m. a caller from Winn Valley Drive reported a former employee created an email address in his name without authorization.
- At 3:24 p.m. a Belmont Road caller reported that her wallet was stolen former her motor vehicle while it was parked in her driveway.
- At 6:10 p.m. a caller reported that while driving on Francis Wyman Road near a construction area he struck something in the road and blew out two tires. Police spoke with construction company and gas company and advised them the roadwork is causing flats.