Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 8:26 a.m. a Gloria Cir. caller reported $1,000 worth of jewelry taken from her home sometime between Oct. 26 and Thanksgiving.
- At 8:38 a.m. an Avid Tech manager reported two emergency doors maliciously damaged.
- At 2:41 p.m. a Carey Avenue caller reported someone was using her credit card out of state. Transactions originated in North Carolina.
- At 5:22 p.m. police arrested a Manchester NH man on a warrant from another agency. Arrest made after Macy's reported detaining two shoplifters.
- At 6:51 p.m. police arrested four people after Sears reported the theft of 3 LCD televisions and provided police with a vehicle description and license plate number of the suspects. Police arrested Michael Leone, 31, of 5 Jay Road, North Billerica on a charge of larceny over $250. Police arrested Edward Rutkowski, 34, of 15 Lafayette Ave., Apartment B2, Danvers on a charge of larceny over $250 and two warrants from another agency. Police also arrested Amy Hill, 31, of 5 Jay Road, North Billerica on a charge of larceny over $250. Finally, police arrested Matthew Pedersen, 26, of 209 Broadway, Saugus on a charge of larceny over $250.
- At 10:03 a.m. police issued a summons to a Billerica woman on a charge of larceny over $250. Summons issued after a manager at the Shell station at 198 Cambridge St. reported the assistant manager stole 13 cartons of cigarettes.
- At 5:43 p.m. a Mulberry Lane caller requested police contact his wife to advise her to stop texting him. Police left message on his wife's voice mail.