Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 3:47 p.m. a resident reported her ex-boyfriend had taken her laptop from her apartment. Laptop was returned.
- At 6:46 p.m. a Mohawk Road resident reported hearing screams from the nieghborhood, as if someone were hurt. Police found a dog fight, which they separated with spray.
- At 11:24 a.m. police recovered a stolen vehicle out of Salem, N.H., in the parking lot of , 2 Wall Street. Vehicle was towed and Salem police were notified. Also, vehicle owner's purse was found under the passenger seat with license and credit cards in wallet.
- At 12:42 p.m. a caller reported that her car was struck in a hit-and-run accident in the parking lot. Accident caused minor damage to left rear bumper.
- At 1:26 p.m. security reported a flim flam scam. A shopper reported that they gave $5,500 cash to a woman, supposedly in exchange for 9 large televisions that were never provided.
- At 4:54 p.m. police arrested Gabriela Lopez Trinidad, 21, of 444 Moody St., Apartment 2, Waltham on a charge of shoplifting $100+ of merchandise. Arrest made following a shoplifting report by
- At 9:30 a.m. a caller reported that on Jan. 21 her wallet was stolen at and one of her credit cards had been illegally used.
- At 12:23 p.m. police investigated a call of a suspicious motor vehicle near . Car was gone when police arrived.
- At 2:19 a caller reported being in possession of a counterfeit $100 bill. Caller stated she got the bill from market two weeks ago, and that the store is refusing to exchange the bill, stating that they "would not have passed on to her this bill." Counterfeit money turned into evidence.
- At 10:52 p.m. police issued a criminal summons to a Woburn woman on charges of operating a motor vehicle after revocation of registration, operating an unregistered motor vehicle, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and failing to stop/yield.