Following are excerpts from the log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 10:44 a.m. a caller from reported his vehicle was struck by an unknown van on the second floor of the parking garage. No other information available by caller.
- At 4:23 p.m. reported detaining a male shoplifter who allegedly stole $74 worth of merchandise. Store to handle and trespass from store.
- At 5:06 p.m. a caller from Burlington Car Wash on Cambridge Street reported her vehicle was struck in a hit-and-run accident.
- At 7:16 a.m. a caller reported a group of youths gathering on Sunset Drive. Police found a group of kids smoking cigarettes and advised them to go to school.
- At 12:49 p.m. a Macon Road caller reported that a gray Honda drove up on his law intentionally and possibly attempted to run him over. Driver described as a man in his early twenties with short light hair and tattoos on his arm and back of the neck. No information on the license plate.
- At 3:47 p.m. in the reported a past theft of $180 by an employee.
- At 8:19 p.m. a caller from reported youths jumping on motor vehicles in the parking lot.
- At 11:08 p.m. a Corcoran Road resident reported youths knocking over mailboxes. Police report states several mailboxes damaged on the street. Caller saw two teens flee in pick-up truck.
- At 2:19 a.m. a caller from reported that his girlfriend beat him up and he required medical aid. Caller would not give his name or exact location. Police spoke to a female walking in area who stated she argued with her boyfriend, who took her purse and threw it in a bush. Female would only give first name and refused to give name and location of boyfriend.
- At 6:32 a.m. a caller reported that there was a large turtle in the roadway on Mall Road. Police report states "turtle slowly crossed the road without incident."
- At 10:05 security reported harassing phone calls. This has been an ongoing issue since the day before. Store advised to call police if calls continue and to try tagging number with *57.
- At 6:09 p.m. a employee reported a customer bit by a dog. Party went to Lahey Clinic emergency room. Police spoke to owner of dog and advised them to keep dog under quarantine.
- At 8:17 p.m. reported detaining a male shoplifter who allegedly concealed $20 worth of merchandise. Same identified and released.
- At 9:25 p.m. a caller from reported his vehicle was struck in a hit and run accident. No information on license plate of other vehicle but caller stated it was possibly a white Ford.
- At 10:01 p.m. a caller reported seeing a black bear enter the woods off of Wyman Street.