Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 8:41 a.m. a Shady Lane Drive caller unauthorized transactions on her credit card.
- At 8:53 a.m. a Mountain Road caller reported a truck picking up leaves pulled down electrical wires.
- At 9:19 a.m. police issued a summons to a Lowell man on a charge of violating an abuse prevention order. Summons issued after a Wheeler Road caller reported receiving calls from her ex-boyfriend despite a restraining order.
- At 10:51 a.m. Building 19 reported detaining a female shoplifter. Store to summons woman who allegedly tried to steal $50 in merchandise.
- At 11:20 a.m. police issued a ticket to an motor vehicle operator for a handicapped parking violation. Officer was approached by the owner of the vehicle with a placard and claimed he "forgot to hang it." However, the officer noticed it did not belong to the man and confiscated it.
- At 3:31 p.m. police issued a summons to a 15-year-old female juvenile on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation. Summons issued following shoplifting complaint by Claire's Accessories. Female was released to custody of parents.
- At 6:43 p.m. a caller from Kohl's Department Store reported witnessing a hit-and-run accident in the parking lot. Caller provided police with license plate of offending vehicle.
- At 4:41 a.m. police arrested Marc Centrella, 43, of 20 Seventh St., Cambridge on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, a number plate violation, driving while not in possession of license and operating refusing to identify himself.
- At 8:29 a.m. a caller from Middlesex Turnpike reported a large raccoon in traffic not leaving the roadway. Animal Control notified.
- At 10:52 a.m. a caller at Outback Steakhouse reported his vehicle was struck while parked in the lot.
- At 12:46 p.m. a Harriett Avenue caller reported someone stole his Harley Davidson pedal bicycle valued at $1,000. Bike may have been missing for up two weeks.
- At 2:54 p.m. a Citizens Bank employee reported a bank robbery. Police arrested Jason Jewett, 38 Rhodes St., Billerica on charges of unarmed robbery and on a warrant from another agency. Click here for the full story.
- At 8:08 p.m. a caller from Burlington Mall security reported a motor vehicle breaking and entering. Female party left her rear door unlocked and a phone holder was stolen.