The following is a release from the BCAT call-in show "These Olde Farts":
These Olde Farts (TOF), the lively, hot-topics-of-the-day, call-in discussion show on Burlington Access Cable Television will present its next live production on Thursday, Feb. 16, at 8 p.m. on the local BCAT channel.
The topic for the upcoming show is: What Responsibilities Should the Government Hold?
"We’ll be offering opinions on what powers and duties our government should hold. The constitution – developed in 1787 said that government should ‘establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty," said Bob Krieg, TOF Producer. "What does that mean today? Should we use that as our guide? Or, do we factor in current-day economics and terrorism to define those responsibilities? What would you do? Our panel will discuss this big topic."
We invite our viewers to call in and join the conversation!
Viewers can call in to 781-270-9199 or email email@example.com to offer their opinions.
This week’s panelists will include:
- Robert Krieg – A Burlington resident since 1972, Bob was a computer analyst with many local computer manufacturers and consulting firms, until he retired in 2001. He has a degree in Political Science from Syracuse University. He and his wife, Kathy, have a daughter, Alison O’Brien, who is a producer for “Rock Center with Brian Williams”. He has been the Executive Producer of These Olde Farts since its inception in June 2005.
- Mike Bova - Mike is an original member of the TOF panel, Mike has been a resident of Burlington since May, 1976. He is 64 years old and has been happily married to Ceil, his wife of 39 years. They will celebrate their 40th anniversary in August, 2012. They have one son, Mike Jr., who is a graduate of Burlington High School and Newbury College, Brookline MA. A former Scout Master for Troop 103, Mike is currently retired. He was a Credit Manager for a major publishing company located in Waltham MA.
- Paul Vena -Paul has been a Burlington resident for the past 35 years. He has been active in town activities including: youth baseball and soccer, the Burlington Ways and Means Committee and a family member of the Burlington Country Club. As a lifetime engineer, he has always had a keen interest in both economics and national politics. Paul has been a TOF panel member since 2008.
- Barbara Rudolph - Barbara has been a Burlington resident since 1996 and a member of the TOF panel since 2007. A graduate of Swarthmore College, she has always been very interested in current events and trends. Barbara owns a PR agency in Burlington and has been a technology business publicist building reputations for companies for more than 20 years.
- Omanand Koul – Omanand Koul has been a Burlington resident since 1992. He is a professor and researcher at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester. He is the newest member of the TOF group, having begun participating in the panel during the fall of 2011.
About These Olde Farts
These Olde Farts is a lively, fun, roundtable, discussion show that hits on many of the hot topics of the day that affect us, both locally and nationally. Including a panel of informed and articulate Burlington residents, the show examines current events in politics, government, crime, healthcare, education, culture and other spheres of reference that affect us locally and nationally. Airing live, once a month on Thursday nights at 8 p.m., the program is produced by Bob Krieg, who also leads the discussion. The panel welcomes callers with questions and differing points of views to add to their discussions. For more information visit BCAT@bcattv.org.