The has a bunch of upcoming events and accounts of past events residents can check out. The following is a press release listing what has happened, is currently happening and what is coming soon.
- “Story and Craft for Preschoolers” Monday, May 21, 11 a.m. For families with children ages 3-5.
- “Lego Club” Tuesday, May 22, 3:30 p.m. For students grades K-6. We provide the Legos—you bring the imagination!
- “Chess Tips and Strategies with Michael Sullivan” Wednesday, May 23, 3:30 p.m.
For students in grades 3-7. No registration required—see you there!
- “Picture Books and Movies” Thursday, May 24, 3:30 p.m. For families with children ages 3 and up. We will share stories then show short films based on them afterwards!
- “Teen Animanga Club” Thursday, May 17, 2:45 - 4 p.m. Discuss anime and manga, while enjoying snacks and activities!
- “T.A.G.” Monday, May 21, 3:30 - 5 p.m. Here is your chance to help plan and run future events—let your voices be heard!
- “Chess Tips and Strategies with Michael Sullivan” Wednesday, May 23, 3:30 p.m. This event is for players up to grade 7! Here is your chance to sharpen up your skills.
Teen Summer Volunteer Applications are now available!
Are you a student entering grades 7 through 12 in the fall of 2012? Are you interested in doing some volunteering this summer? Then you are invited to apply for a volunteer position in the Summer Reading Program at the library. You can pick up a form at the Youth Services desk or download the form from our website, fill it out and drop it off at the library. The deadline to return the application is Sunday, May 20 at 5:00pm.
May Basket Raffle
The popular May Basket Raffle is going on now! Baskets are on display in the library and tickets are being sold throughout the month. There are 40 baskets covering a wide variety of interests and themes in the collection. Come in and view them all, buy your tickets and hopefully win one of your favorites. You can check out the list and pictures in advance by visiting our website (burlingtonpubliclibrary.org) and the library’s flickr page. Then be sure to mark your calendar for Thursday evening, May 31 as we will be drawing the winners at 7 p.m.