The has a bunch of upcoming events and accounts of past events residents can check out. The following is a press release listing what has happened, is currently happening and what is coming soon.
Thanks to all who have answered our survey. If you haven’t yet, there’s still time to respond. Please take a few minutes to fill out our survey online (www.burlingtonpubliclibrary.org and click on “survey”) or pick up a paper copy in the library, at Town Hall, the Recreation Department or Council on Aging and let us know what you would like to see from your library. Your responses will help as we create the strategic plan for the next 5 years.
The summer reading program has officially begun! The “Toe Jam Puppet Band” entertained over 250 people who were in attendance for the kickoff. Face painting, games and activities were enjoyed by all. Of course, registrations for “Dream Big, Read”, this year’s summer reading theme also took place.
The teen summer reading program, “Own the Night” is also
If you haven’t yet had a chance to sign-up, it’s not too late. Sign up online and pick up your board game and/or info kit at the library. We have a program for every age—Infant-Preschool, K-grade 5, and Teen. Not to be forgotten, adults can participate in “Between the Covers”, the summer reading component just for them. Visit the library’s website or stop in to learn more about the program that fits you.
Programs for Children
- “Bookworms Book Club with Pizza” Fri. July 13, 12:15-1:15 pm. (Grades K-2)
Join Molly for a special Curious George and the Pizza party—with real pizza! Pick up a copy of the book at the Youth Services desk, and be sure to register, as space will be limited for this event!
- “Preschool Story and Craft” Mon., July16, 11-noon. Ages 3-5
- “Game On! Board Games and Video Games for Kids” Wed., July 18, 1-2 pm. Ages 3 and up
- “Star Wars Jedi Knight Training” Thurs., July19, 3:30-4:45 p.m. Ages 4-9 Registration Required.
- “Cookie Decorating for Kids” Fri., July 20, 12:30-1:30 p.m. Ages 7-10 Registration Required.
July Programs for Teens
- “Book Talk with Pizza” Thurs., July 12, 2:30-3:30 p.m. Join Shelley to share pizza and your favorite books!
- “Animanga Club” Fri., July 13, 2-3 p.m. Join Molly for manga and anime fun!
- “Hunger Games Event” Mon. July 16, 3:15-5 p.m. Join Shelley for a friendly competition based on the series! Registration Required!
- “Summer Scrabble” Tuesdays, 3:30-4:45 p.m. Grades 4-8
- “Teen Writing Workshop” Thurs., July13, 1-2 p.m.
Want to write but unsure how to start? This workshop will get you started with writing prompts and exercises that will help you get your thoughts down on paper.
- “Teen Cookie Decorating” Fri., July 20, 2:00-3:30 pm. Registration Required.
Christmas in July – Make & Take Crafts for adults and teens . Thursday, July 19 from 6 to 8 p.m. Pre-registration recommended! Call 781-505-4985, or visit the on-line calendar, navigate to July 19, and click on the hand.