The Burlington Public Library has a bunch of upcoming events and accounts of past events residents can check out. The following is a press release listing what has happened, is currently happening and what is coming soon.
The Library will be closed Monday, Dec. 24 and on Tuesday, Dec. 25 for Christmas.
The Library will also close at 3 p.m. on Monday, Dece. 31 and remain closed on Tuesday, Jan 1.
The staff and I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year.
Friends Annual Meeting – Monday, January 7 at 7:00pm
Do you wonder what the Friends do? Would you like to learn more? Join us on Monday, January 7 at 7:00pm to find out more. The Friends Annual Meeting will start with a brief business portion where activities, achievements and goals are shared. The second piece of the Annual Meeting will be a program about chocolate. Come hear from Jane McIninch of “Fine Chokolader” about Chocolate Tasting (with samples!!).
If you are not yet a member, or if your membership is due for renewal, please consider how your membership aids the library. Your modest annual membership fee helps to support an impressive array of services that exist only because of Friends funding, including:
- Museum passes that provide free or reduced admission to 16 area museums
- Summer Reading Program for children
- Educational and entertaining programs for both children and adults
- Computers for use by library patrons
- Other unbudgeted equipment, such as furniture, as needed
This is also the time to renew your membership if you haven’t yet or to join for the upcoming year. If you do, you’ll be entered into a raffle for the chance to win a night at the “Blue Shutters Beachside Inn” in Gloucester! Application forms can be found in the library and on our website at burlingtonpubliclibrary.org.
Terrorism and the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing - Thursday, Jan. 17 at 7 pm
Join the Friends for this informative program with retired FBI Agent William A. Gavin. Get a behind-the-scenes look at what happened and why, by the man who directed the investigation into the 1993 bombing. Special focus on how this relates to 9/11.
- Storytimes – The next session of our ever popular storytimes will resume the week of January 14. Check the library or our website to find the session that is right for you and your child.
- Winter Scrabble Club—Tuesdays, Jan. 8-Feb.19 at 3:45 pm
Learn new words and strategies to improve your game. Beginners are welcome! For grades 4-8.
eBook Download Workshop January 28
Burlington Library eBooks are available for free to download to eBook readers! If you own an eBook reader and want to learn how to download library books (FOR FREE), this workshop is for you. On Monday, January 28, 2013, librarians will present a workshop on how to download eBooks from the Burlington Public Library web site to the Apple iPad, the Amazon Kindle, and the Barnes and Noble Nook.
The workshop will be broken down into 2 sessions with a question and answer period after each session.
- Come at 7 p.m. to learn about downloading to a Kindle or iPad.
- Come at 8 p.m. to learn about downloading to a Nook or Nook Color.