The Burlington Public Library has a bunch of upcoming events and accounts of past events residents can check out. The following is a press release listing what has happened, is currently happening and what is coming soon.
Burlington Reads Events
- Tuesday, March 12, 4-5 p.m. at the Library - Origami Class with Gustavo Garcia. For ages 8 and up. Sponsored by Last Word Toastmasters.
- Wednesday, March 13, 1-2 p.m. at the Council on Aging, 61 Center St., Burlington - Book Discussion of "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet."
- Thursday, March 14, 10:30 a.m. at the Library - Book Discussion of "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet."
- Thursday, March 14, 7 p.m. at the Library - Japanese Tea Ceremony, presented by Kyoko Wada. An introduction to 'Chado’ -' The Way of the Tea.' Sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
Ikebana is the Japanese art of flower arrangement. We are fortunate to have representation in our community. This group will be creating a different arrangement each week during “Burlington Reads 2013” to display in the library.
- Story and Craft for - Join Amanda for an engaging storytime with a related craft afterwards! No registration necessary.
- Toddlers Monday, March 11 at 10:30 am; Preschoolers - Monday, March 11 @ 11:15 am
- Need 2 Read Book Club - Wed., March 13 at 4:15 pm Our March selection is Patrick Catling’s The Chocolate Touch. You may register and pick up a copy of the book at the Youth Services Desk now, and join Mary for a book-based activity and snack on March 13!
- Animanga Club - Thursday, March 14 at 3:45 pm Join Amanda and other fans to share your anime/manga enthusiasm and your drawing skills!
- TAG Meeting (Teen Advisory Group) - Tuesday, March 19 at 5:30 pm Get involved at your library by helping Jenna plan events and choose books and media for the Young Adult section! (TAG is also a great way to earn Community Service hours.)
Database of the Month Series–Business Insights: Essentials–March 2013
Burlington Public Library is pleased to offer Business Insights: Essentials as our March Database of the Month. This resource is perfect for business professionals, students, entrepreneurs, and general researchers. Business Insights: Essentials provides in-depth analysis for companies and industries featuring public and private company histories, SWOT and market share reports, corporate chronologies, business rankings, brands, financials, statistics, and investment reports. Included are scholarly articles from major business publications. There is an interactive Comparison Chart for contrasting companies and industries. Within the Business Insights: Essentials interface, you can manipulate statistical data, customize charts, and export information.
Access Business Insights: Essentials at the library or from home. Go to our website at www.burlingtonpubliclibrary.org. Choose the Research tab. From the drop down menu choose Databases and next click Business & Finance. Next to Business Insights: Essentials, click the combined In Library & At Home link.
Access to our quality subscription databases is available for our patrons at no charge. They contain articles and information that are not available for free on the Internet.
We love your questions! Call us at (781) 270-1691 or come to the Reference Department on the second floor of the library or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.