The following is a release from the BCAT call-in show "These Olde Farts":
These Olde Farts (TOF), the lively, hot-topics-of-the-day, call-in discussion show on (BCAT) today announced that its next live production will take place tomorrow, January 12, at 8 p.m. on your local BCAT channel.
The topic for the upcoming show is "Which Republican Presidential Candidate Would YOU Vote for & Why?"
"We’ll be examining the candidates still standing, as well as what they stand for, after the New Hampshire primary," said Bob Krieg, TOF producer. "Each member of the panel will pick a candidate and offer a defense on why that candidate is a good choice."
The panel as a group will discuss theses selection and the reasoning behind them. Viewers are invited and encouraged to call in to 781-270-9199 or email email@example.com and join the discussion.
This week’s panelists include:
- Robert Krieg – A Burlington resident since 1972, Bob was a computer analyst with many local computer manufacturers and consulting firms, until he retired in 2001. He has a degree in Political Science from Syracuse University. He has been the Executive Producer of These Olde Farts since its inception in June 2005.
- Mike Bova - Mike is an original member of the TOF panel, Mike has been a resident of Burlington since May, 1976. He is 64 years old and has been happily married to Ceil, his wife of 39 years. They will celebrate their 40th anniversary in August, 2012. They have one son, Mike Jr., who is a graduate of Burlington High School and Newbury College, Brookline MA. A former Scout Master for Troop 103, Mike is currently retired. He was a Credit Manager for a major publishing company located in Waltham MA.
- Paul Vena -Paul has been a Burlington resident for the past 35 years. He has been active in town activities including: youth baseball and soccer, the Burlington Ways and Means Committee and a family member of the Burlington Country Club. As a lifetime engineer, he has always had a keen interest in both economics and national politics. Paul has been a TOF panel member since 2008.
- Barbara Rudolph - Barbara has been a Burlington resident since 1996 and a member of the TOF panel since 2007. A graduate of Swarthmore College, she has always been very interested in current events and trends. Barbara owns a PR agency in Burlington and has been a technology business publicist building reputations for companies for more than 20 years.
- Patrick Moreno – Pat, a retired secondary school teacher, taught for 27 years. A resident of Burlington for 48 years, Pat also owned a business in town for 16 years and was an officer with the Sons of Italy for eight years. He has been an occasional member of the TOF panel for the past six years.
- Amanand Koul – Amanand, a Burlington resident, will also join the panel on Thursday. He is newest member of the TOF group, having begun participating in the panel during the fall of 2011.
About These Olde Farts:
These Olde Farts is a lively, fun, roundtable, discussion show that hits on many of the hot topics of the day that affect us, both locally and nationally. Including a panel of informed and articulate Burlington residents, the show examines current events in politics, government, crime, healthcare, education, culture and other spheres of reference that affect us locally and nationally. Airing live, once a month on Thursday nights at 8:00 PM, the program is produced by Bob Krieg, who also leads the discussion. The panel welcomes callers with questions and differing points of views to add to their discussions.
For more information visit BCAT@bcattv.org.