Welcome to Burlington Patch’s weekly feature called Patch Picks. This column highlights editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
This week we are looking at ways to help the only home we have, Planet Earth, on Earth Day. We have compiled recommendations from readers and came up with a few tips of our own on how to save resources and alleviate our impact on the environment.
Here are five ways to cerebrate Earth Day in Burlington:
- Celebrate by enjoying the delights of Burlington's open space areas like the Mill Pond reservoir and the Landlocked Forest. These two wooded areas are true treasures that we should all protect and enjoy.
- Save water by turning off the faucet when you are brushing your teeth and take shorter showers.
- Bring your old flip-flops to : From April 22 to May 21 the store, along with TerraCycle, is collecting old flip-flops to be recycled and made into playground equipment.
- Plant a tree, they clean the air and look great in the yard.
- Recycle, recycle, recycle.