Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, Nov. 6. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny and cool: Looks like a pretty nice day and a few degrees warmer than yesterday. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 43 degrees. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 29.
- Vote: The polls are open for the national election from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Burlington High School today. Don't forget to get out and vote.
- Schools closed: A reminder that Burlington Public Schools are closed today for the election.
- Lose weight with support: The group TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is holding a weekly Tuesday meeting today. The group will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Burlington Public Library. New members are always welcome to join this supportive and friendly group.
- Blood drive: Give the gift of life by donating at the Red Cross blood drive today. The drive will be at the American Legion from 1:30 to 7 p.m.