Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Thursday, Nov. 1. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Mostly cloudy: Another gray day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect cloudy skies with a high near 58 degrees. Cloudy tonight as well with a low around 40.
- Public meetings: The Housing Authority is meeting at 10 a.m. in the Housing Authority Office and the Planning Board is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall.
- Foreign Affairs talk: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a foreign affairs discussion at 10:30 a.m. today. The discussions will be led by Dr. Craig Brandt, a former naval officer who has been a professor at the Air Force Institute of Technology and dean of academic affairs at the Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management.
- Bridge: The Burlington Public Library is hosting two bridge playing events today. The first is COA Bridge Players, a group aimed at seniors, which will meet at 10 a.m. The second is the Thursday Night Bridge group, which meets at 6:30 p.m. Both sessions are open to the public, so come down, play some bridge and meet new people.
- Antique appraisals: The Burlington Historical Society is hosting Certified appraiser Ron Wackowski for a fundraiser event tonight. For $5 he will appraise a valuable or antique of your choosing. Event is at 7 p.m. in the Human Services Building, 61 Center St.