Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Thursday, Oct. 18. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny: Looks like a nice Fall day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 64 degrees. Partly cloudy tonight with a low around 53.
- Public meeting: The Planning Board is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room on the second floor of Town Hall.
- Healthy living: The Council on Aging is holding its 11th Annual Safety & Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Human Services Center on 61 Center Street.
- Foreign Affairs talk: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a foreign affairs discussion at 10:30 a.m. today. The discussions will be led by Dr. Craig Brandt, a former naval officer who has been a professor at the Air Force Institute of Technology and dean of academic affairs at the Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management.
- Japanese anime club: The Burlington Public Library is also hosting a Teen Animanga Club at 4 p.m. today. The club will be viewing Japanese anime (animation) and discussing manga (Japanese comics). There will also be crafts, drawing, snacks - plus giveaways and contests.