Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Tuesday, Oct. 9. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Cloudy, chance of showers: Looks like a rather gray day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a chance of rain throughout the day. Otherwise mostly cloudy with a high near 57 degrees. Slight chance of rain tonight with a low around 44.
- Public meetings: The Board of Health is meeting at 7 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall. The School Committee is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the meeting room at Burlington High School.
- Watoto Choir: The Watoto Children's Choir will be performing at 7 p.m. at Mount Hope Christian Center. The African-based choir, made up of children who have lost one or both parents, strive to raise awareness of the plight of orphans in Africa.
- Trivia: Uno Chicago Bar and Grill is hosting Stump Trivia at 8 p.m. this evening. Grab some friends to form a team and come down for questions on Anatomy to Literature, Movies to History.
- New career help: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a Career Transition program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.