The platform is one way we look to interact with you, answer your questions and get to see what's on your mind. Social Media Saturday is a weekly feature where we highlight your questions and thoughts you've shared on Facebook and other media throughout the past week.
We'll also point you to some new and interesting pages you may not have known about before.
Highlights of the Weeks
- Our Facebook page continued to grow in number of followers this week. Last week we had 514 followers and now, after another 'like', we have 515. Thanks to everyone who follows our page! We use the Facebook page to post quick updates, link to stories, talk with readers and as a way for readers to pose questions or news tips. Click this link to 'like' our page today!
- On Facebook, some of our story links received some likes this week.
- Our story on the for Burlington's special needs students was liked.
- Our post letting people know of the that is happening TONIGHT was also liked.
- Our post on the an upcoming for People Helping People at Cafe Escadrille was also liked.
- Finally, our poll asking readers their thoughts on the was also liked.
- And who could forget about Twitter, where you can get news updates in 140 characters or less? We currently have 494 followers and we'd love to have you on board! If you’d like the latest breaking news, be sure to follow us on Twitter.
Social Media Page Recommendation:
Occasionally in this post we will highlight a Facebook or other social media page related to Burlington. This could be a business, an organization or a town page. If you have a recommendation for a page to highlight email Richard.Hosford@Patch.com or tell us on Facebook.
This week's choice is the Burlington's 2012 Relay for Life Facebook page. The relay organizers post announcements on upcoming events, highlight fundraising efforts by teams and have lot of information on how to get involved. Like it today!
Your Town on Facebook:
For more Facebook pages Burlington residents might find interesting, check out our list of "liked" pages on Burlington Patch's Facebook page. And don’t forget to follow Burlington Patch on Facebook.