This was a busy week in Burlington and so a busy week here at Patch. In case you missed any of our stories, here are some of the highlights and links to our articles to help you catch up.
Stories of the week:
- Click on the categories below and vote for your favorites
- Burlington Educational Summer Theatre (BEST) will present the adaption of the Disney film at the Burlington High School Fogelberg Performing Arts Center.
- Sean McDaniel, children entertainer, was a big hit on the Town Commons on Monday
- Burlington's annual festival will be held on Saturday, Aug. 4
Police & Fire:
- An advisory to any Burlington resident using Route 93 in the Woburn, Stoneham, Wilmington, Medford areas
- Burlington Police Department logs from July 16 to 17
- Burlington Police Department logs from July 18 to 19
- The incident occurred at about 4 a.m. Wednesday on Treble Cove Road in Billerica
- Burlington Police Department logs from July 20 to 21
- According to Boston Herald, locals are among 10 victims of scam by Chelmsford oil company owner who won $1 million three years ago
- The board issued warnings to Foodland Halal Market and Pizzeria Villafranca during the meeting on Wednesday
- Boston Mayor Thomas Menino said anti-gay stance is an 'insult' to the city. Big-named conservatives supporting the restaurant
Government & Elections:
- The bill both aims to ensure violent criminals stay behind bars while easing prison overcrowding by reducing drug-offense penalties
- Included as an amendment to a bigger jobs bill, the update would expand the bottle redemption law to include plastic bottles used for water and juice
- In our inaugural “Blue Commonwealth" survey, influential Democrats paint an early picture for November's general election
- With dozens of local athletes and hundreds of events finding who is on when is tough, but here are the times for Massachusetts' Olympians
- Meet the local athletes from Massachusetts who will be competing in the 2012 Olympic Games
- Cooking with Sheila: A few simple ingredients add up to a fresh tasty appetizer that just screams summer.