This was a busy week in Burlington and so a busy week here at Patch. In case you missed any of our stories, here are some of the highlights and links to our articles to help you catch up.
We're going to continue trying out our Week in Review in list form. Let us know what you think about the new format in the comments section:
Top stories of the week:
- VIDEO: Love in Radiology; Cancer Patient Weds Girlfriend of 30 Years at Lahey Clinic Wendell Scraders and his bride Carol Anne Perinchie tied the knot in the Oncology Department at Lahey Clinic last Friday
- Burlington Student Makes Wake Forest University Dean's List Congratulations to Melissa Olney for her academic achievement
- Two Burlington Student Earn Spot on Springfield College's Dean's List Congratulations to Kasey Shields and Jacob Hart of Burlington for their academic achievement
- Patch Snap: Burlington Pride Players Meet Celtics Great Players of the Burlington Recreation Department's "Burlington Pride" Special Olympics team were given a special treat at TD Bank Garden last week
- BHS's Senior David Taranto to Compete in New Balance Indoor Grand Prix The New Balance Indoor Grand Prix will be held at the Reggie Lewis Track and Field Center in Boston on Saturday, Feb. 4. and carried on ESPN2
- Business owners are encouraged to claim listings in Patch Places to better promote their business and inform readers.
- ARL Staff Favorite Jym is Up for Adoption You can bring home this dog and more from Animal Rescue League Boston today
- : Nancy Parker of Burlington will appear in court on charges of compensation fraud, misleading an investigator, and filing a false report.
- Rugged Bear Clothing Brand Relaunched Rugged Bear, which declared bankruptcy in January of last year, has made changes and is on its way back
- Police Logs: Flim-Flam Scam, A Counterfeit $100 Bill and Shoplifter Arrested Burlington Police Logs for Jan. 22 - 25
- Dec. Unemployment Rate Holds Steady Data comes from the Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Developmen
- Burlington PD: Arlington Man Arrested After Search Yields Two Pounds of Marijuana Burlington Police Officer David Outerbridge found the narcotics, worth roughly $6,000 on the streets, following a motor vehicle stop on Winn Street
- Burlington Woman Claims Waltham Uncle Sexually Assaulted Her Lawsuit claims Waltham man sexually abused his relative for many years
- Woman Reveals Details of Alleged Sex Abuse [VIDEO] A Burlington woman alleges she was sexually assaulted by a family member at the Showcase Cinemas in the late 1960s, early 1970s
- Police Logs: Vehicle Stolen from Apartment Complex, Laptop Stolen and Hit & Run Accident Burlington Police Logs for Jan. 26 to 27
- Cooking with Sheila: Spinach and Green Chile Quiche Real men do eat quiche! Especially this tasty spinach and green chile version
- POLL: Where Will You Watch the Super Bowl? Got big plans for the game on Sunday? Let us know in today's poll
- Six More Weeks of Winter! Punxsutawney Phil Saw His Shadow (Poll) Today is Groundhog Day and this morning legendary groundhog Punxsutawney Phil predicted six more weeks of winter
- Burlington High Principal Honored with National NASSP Digital Principal Award BHS Principal Patrick Larkin was one of three educators honored this year and is invited to a conference in Tampa, Florida